Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 14 and 15 were a blur....

Well, I know you missed me while I was away!  The last couple of weeks have been a whirl-wind!  You will be as excited to read about my adventures as I was having them.  Well.... all except the trip to the Veterinarian.  Don't get me wrong, she is beeeyoootiful, but I do wish we could meet on different terms.  Getting needles poked in me, squeezing my tummy and putting me up on the High Dive doesn't exactly thrill me.  More about that later....

New Training
I am back in school.  Yes, I know it is a bit earlier than the human kids but I am so eager to explore the world and learn new things.  Mr. Clint from Canine Craze is AWESOME!  He let's us play games and walk around and around in circles.  I love getting dizzy.  It makes the room get larger and smaller and then I just lay on my back and gaze up at Mrs. Aldridge.  She looks so nice up there.  She does get a bit chagrined at me from time to time when I want to lay on the ground.  She usually tempts me with the "high value" food.  It's delicious!  Fish kibble is to die for.

Here I am looking curious and excited on my way to Puppy Training 2....


I am learning so many new things.  Remember how I told you about my training to sit, lay down and to only eat the food when I hear Mrs. Aldridge say "ok"?  Oh Buddy have we moved on from there!  I still practice the basics with her and Mrs. Goe but we have even more exciting things now.  The best part is all the food I get to nibble!  We are working on my nose right now.  Yes, you smelled me right... (get it?? get it??).  My nose will be very valuable when I get just a bit older.  It will help me turn lights on, push the handicap button to open doors and much more.  I am learning to touch things with my nose so I can get used to how that feels.

If I touch Mrs. Aldridge's hand, the traffic cone or the sparkly wand... wahlah!  I get kibble.  I love it.  I'm so good that I can touch the traffic cone 70 times in a minute!  Ok... I don't really go that fast, but it is pretty impressive how quickly I picked up the command.

Mrs. Aldridge tries to trick me by putting food all over the floor.  I must admit it is a distraction to walk over all of that yummy yummy kibble, but I do it!  I admit it.  I do.  Sometimes I sneak a taste or two.  I'M SORRY!!!  I just can't help myself.

I don't know what we will practice this week!  I am so excited today at work just thinking about it!
Speaking of work....

IMT is the BEST job!
I was asked by Mr. Mulcahy and Ms. Wonsmos to be in another photo shoot!  Yes!  Another photo shoot!  I wonder if they take my pictures so they can goof off at work with a puppy.... NAH!!!!  They really think I have potential!  Maybe I'll go to Hollywood someday?

I wonder if I am the one goofing off with the fun humans???






I just love it when they bring their camera!

Guess What???  I went Swimming!
I know I confessed earlier that I did not care for water.  You will be so proud to know that I have overcome my fear of the water!  Not only that...  I swam in DEEP water.  It's ok to tell you that I was a little afraid but I had so many friends there I actually forgot I was afraid!  Cross my heart with my paw it's true!

My friend Sabre, Tango, Romey, Cadence, Sailor and friends I didn't even know were swimming too!  It was so much fun I slept all night.  Mrs. Aldridge keeps talking about how she wants to take me back to Cherry Glen so she can have more peace and quiet.  I don't know what she is talking about... that place was noisy and busy with people, dogs and boats!  Sometimes I don't understand her.




Here I am learning to swim!  It was so fun with all of my friends.


Sleep Overs and Cleaning
I did get to go on a Sleep Over with Mrs. Nixon!  I am an early bird you know, I like to get started with my adventures early.  Sometimes it is nice to let Mrs. Aldridge sleep in on Saturday.  I like to visit friends, I'm such a good house guest.  I will admit to sneaking on a couch or two.  Can you blame me?  They are so soft and comfy.  Mrs. Nixon likes to take me for walks and I help her with her yard work.  I'm excellent at picking up and chewing the sticks in her yard.  She has awesome grand kids too!  I almost.... almost got to take a bath with them!

Mrs. Nixon went downstairs to grab the laundry and this is where she found me when she came back upstairs.  You can't blame me can you?










Mrs. Cameron, an expert at IMT Insurance bought me my very own shampoo.  It Rocks!  I am always happy to take baths on my own when I get to use Oscar Soap.



Am I spoiled?

Are you ready for the big news?
I know you've missed me around the halls at IMT.  I do have a grand excuse for missing work.  Well... to be honest I've been a bit unruly lately.  You know how much I adore you all; especially when you rub my tummy.  I love to jump on you to show my gratitude and affection.  Clearly this isn't good puppy Service Dog practice so I've had to stay home for a few days while my wild behavior (from teething I'm sure!) subsides. 

ALSO... pay attention here please... I was TUETERED!  I heard Mr. and Mrs. Aldridge talking about it and then the next thing I know... A trip to the Cute Lady Vet.  I don't remember a lot about the visit, I was sleepy for some reason.  I believe I had a grand nap while I was there.  I left a little sore and wouldn't you know it, I'm missing some hair on my leg!  I had to stay home from IMT and other public places for a few days.  I have to admit I was not feeling like myself.  I think I'll be better soon.....

See you soon!!!


To see all the pictures from my adventures, follow the links below:

Oscar's Photo Escapades

Oscar Swims at Saylorville

IMT Insurance Photo Shoot

Love and Jumps,



Oscar 

No comments:

Post a Comment